Students taking admission in Delhi University medical college can apply for following scholarship programes :
- Post Matric Scholarship of Scheduled Castes Students
The scheduled caste students admitted in the College are eligible for the Post-Matric Scholarship of the NCT Delhi. The last date for receipt of application for the Scholarship at the Directorate of Education, Delhi Administration, through the College is generally 30th November every year.
- Saraswati Foundation (NGO) Endowment Scholarship
The scholarship of Rs. 2000/- p.m. awarded on merit-cum-means basis of one year’s duration renewable every year at the commencement of the studies. Application are invited by the Trust some time during the month of October/ November.
- V.C. Students’ Fund
Scholarship of the value of Rs.200/- p.m. is open to students securing at least 60% marks in the last qualifying examination and whose father/guardian’s income is less than Rs.750/- p.m. The notification for this scholarship is generally issued by the University in January/February.
- Dr. A.N. Duggal Endowment Scholarship
Scholarship of Rs.100/- p.m. is awarded to students whose parent’s income does not exceed Rs.750/- p.m. The award is for the duration of the Course subject to yearly review. The scholarship is normally notified in September/October.
- NCERT Scholarship
Scholarship of Rs.200/- p.m. is awarded on academic progress of the student. The scholarship is notified in July/August.
- Post Matric Scholarship Harijan and Samaj Kalyan (Lucknow) U.P.
Scholarship of the value of Rs. 500/- per annum is awarded to SC/ST students. The Scholarship is notified in April/May.
- National Merit Scholarship
Given Rs.1000/- to Rs. 2000/- p.m. respectively to student in UG & PG courses who had secured minimum of 80% marks in 10+2 not helping to creamy layer.
8. Dr. N.C. Kapoor Memorial Scholarship
Scholarship of Rs.300/- is awarded to needy and deserving students. The award is for the duration of the Course subject to yearly review. The scholarship is normally notified in Sept./Oct. every year.
9. S.J. Jindal Trust
Scholarship is offered to needy students securing at least 55% marks at the qualifying examination for higher studies.
10. Indian Oil Company Scholarship
Scholarship of Rs. 750/- is given to deserving SC/ST students pursuing studies in full time graduate Course in Medicine. Scholarship is renewed on yearly basis subjects to satisfactory performance of the student.
11. CBSE Merit Scholarship
Scholarship of Rs.1000/- p.m. is given to meritorius students pursuing MBBS course after 10+2 CBSE Examination.
Note (1) For release of periodical instalment of each of the above scholarships, the awardee has to show a satisfactory progress in studies. For this purpose an individual record is maintained in the Department concerned and at the Academic Section of the College.
(2) Students are expected to be in touch with the Academic Section and also see the Notice Board from time to time to enable them to apply for the scholarship.
medals and awards (for University College Of Medical Sciences)
The following medals and prizes are awarded on the basis of merits at the University Examination.
- Delhi Medical Association Gold Medal-Awarded to the best outgoing student of the College.
- Smt. Rukmani Gopalkrishnan Memorial Medal – Awarded to the student securing highest marks in Surgery at the College level in the Final M.B.B.S. Examination.
- Dr. (Miss) L.V. Pathak Medal – Awarded to the student securing highest marks at the College level in Obstetrics & Gynaecology in the Final M.B.B.S. Examination.
- Smt. Ram Pyari and Shri L.N. Chugh Memorial Medal – Awarded to student securing the highest marks at the College level in Medicine in the Final M.B.B.S. Examination.
- Major (Dr.) Ashwani Kumar Kanva, V.S.M., Memorial Award – Awarded to the student who tops in the College in the subject of Community Medicine at Final Professional M.B.B.S. Examination.
- Major (Dr.) Ashwani Kumar Kanva, V.S.M. Memorial Award – Awarded tot he Best intern in Paediatrics.
- Pallab Choudhary Award – Awarded to the student securing highest marks at the College level in Microbiology in the Second Professional Examination.
- K. Sridharan Awards – Awarded to the students securing highest marks at the College level in each of the subjects of Anatomy, Pharmacology & Ophthalmology in the First, Second & Final Professional Examinations, respectively.
- Col. Barkat Narain Medal/Prize – Awarded to the student securing highest marks at the College level in Community Medicine at the Final M.B.B.S.
- Kanahya Lal Gulati Award – Awarded to the student who tops in the subject of Physiology in the College in the 1st Professional M.B.B.S. Examination.
- Dr. Abhijeet Malhotra Memorial Award – Awarded to the student securing highest marks at the College level at the Final Professional Examination.
- Ram Chand Dua Award – Awarded to the student securing highest marks at the College level at the First Professional Examination.
- Ratan Mani Sharma Award – Awarded to the student securing highest marks at the College level at the Second Professional Examination.
- Potha Prgada Award – Awarded to the student securing highest marks in Biochemistry at the College level at the First Professional Examination.
- Dr. Krishan Kumar Gupta Award – Awarded for standing First in Forensic Medicine in the College.
- Dr. S.K. Goel memorial Award – Awarded for standing First in ENT in the College.
- Dr. Madhu Saxena Memorial Awards
a) Awarded for Best Outgoing Post-graduate student in Medicine at the College level.
b) Awarded for standing first in Medicine at College level at final M.B.B.S. Examination.
- Faculty of Pathology-Golden Jubilee of Independence Award – Awarded for standing First in Pathology at the College level in Second M.B.B.S. Examination.
- Roentgen Medal – Awarded to the student who secures highest percentage of marks at B.Sc. (M.T.) Radiography final Exam.
- Dr. Kusum Pandit Memorial Award – for the best thesis—open to all the Post-graduates.
- Dr. U.K. Srivastava Award – for Best P.G. in Surgery.
- Merit Awards – Awarded to the students securing First, Second & Third position in aggregate respectively at the College level in each of the University Professional Examination.
The medals and prizes are awarded on the Annual Day of the College.
sir i belongs to bhopal and wants to know that what is the difference between national collages like mamc and local collage gmc in bhopal…what will be differ btween there students ,there future and there advantages..
can we become a succesful doctor after studying in local collage
Doesn’t make much difference. Exposure and over all environment is better in Delhi colleges. Otherwise city advantage and definitely you get to do PG in Delhi thereafter.