A meeting was held with the Board of Governors of Medical Council of India at Indian
Council of Medical Research on 15th february 2020.
IMA MSN represented at the meeting.
The following points were informed to the student attendees:-
1. SCHEDULE OF PROPOSED EXAMS
● With the change in GMER schedule, the Prof III part II exams are proposed to be
held in January, in all medical colleges.
● Supplementary exams are proposed to be held in February.
● NExt 1 also known as Prof IV part I is proposed to the be held in March.
● Internship is proposed to start from April
● Internship is proposed to complete in March
● NExT 2 also known as Prof IV part II is proposed to be held in April
● PG course is expected to start in JULY
2. SUBJECT WISE DISTRIBUTION OF NExT 1
● It will be an All India Concurrent online exam
● Consisting of 120 items of MEDICAL and ALLIED subjects (3 hours,
pre-lunch) + 60 items of PEDIATRICS (1.5 hours, post-lunch)
● Consisting of 120 items of SURGERY and ALLIED subjects (3 hours,
pre-lunch) + 60 items of ENT (1.5 hours, post-lunch)
● Consisting of 120 items of OBSTETRICS GYNAECOLOGY and ALLIED
subjects (3 hours, pre-lunch) + 60 items of OPTHALMOLOGY (1.5 hours,
● Out of total questions, 60% will be problem solving, 30%
comprehension and analysis, 10% recall
● Out of total on each stream, 10% questions will be from applied basic
sciences, and 10% preventive and public health.
3. NExt Exam 1 is expected to be first held in 2022.
Sr. No. EXAM WILL BE HELD BY
1 Prof 1 University
2 Prof 2 University
3 Prof 3 part 1 University
4 Prof 3 part 2 University
5 Prof 4 part 1 (NExT 1) National Body
6 Prof 4 part 2 (NExT 2) University/College